I've been doing research on access and security options and have come 
across a range of digital locks made by Samsung. They are called the SHS 
range.

Has anyone come across these or used them in their place?

The one I'm looking at (SHS-3320) accepts digital pass code, RFID, NFC or 
key card. It can even accept up to 70 users which will be more than enough 
for my space. 

The only downside I can see so far with this system is that it isn't 
networked so it can't tell me who or when someone has used their keypass to 
enter the office. 

Any other solutions I should look into?



On Tuesday, July 23, 2013 12:21:02 PM UTC+10, Sean Qian wrote:
>
> Hi Jerome,
>
> Cheers for the detailed responses. I've had a few days to think things 
> over since posting and agree with most of your feedback. 
>
> I like the idea of using google calendar to manage things, at least 
> initially. I can have it so that members can access the calendar themselves 
> to book things such as the meeting room correct?
>
> How do space operators usually manage access? Keypad access with 
> individual code for each member? Or Keypass cards where members get a card 
> each? 
>
> Btw Blankspaces looks amazing!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Sean
>
> On Tuesday, July 23, 2013 7:22:04 AM UTC+10, Jerome wrote:
>>
>> Hi.  See below.
>>
>>
>> Jerome
>> ______________
>> BLANKSPACES
>> "work FOR yourself, not BY yourself"
>>
>> www.blankspaces.com
>> 5405 Wilshire Blvd (2 blocks west of La Brea) Los Angeles, CA 90036
>> 323.330.9505 (office) 
>>
>> On Jul 20, 2013, at 3:50 AM, Sean Qian <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> HI All,
>>
>> My name's Sean and I'm planning on starting a co-working space for my 
>> colleagues and I in a few months. We're all newly registered migration 
>> agents and are hoping to get our own businesses up and running. We've been 
>> meeting at least once a month, usually at a restaurant, to talk over cases 
>> and to catch up but I figure we'd be a lot more productive working together 
>> a few days a week. 
>>
>> Through a family connection I've managed to secure a premises on Collins 
>> Street, which is one of Melbourne CBD's (Central Business District ie Down 
>> town) premier street locations at a very reasonable rental rate. I've also 
>> negotiated a free period which I'm sure will come in handy.
>>
>> The office is approx 90m2, has a large open area, 2 decent sizes office 
>> rooms, a kitchenette and a small office which can be used as a private room 
>> or phone call room. I've uploaded a quick floorplan I drew for those 
>> interested.
>>
>> I've been doing a lot of research about the movement and am so eager to 
>> meet all sorts of different people through the process of having a space, 
>> but I've got a few beginner questions which I'm hoping can be discussed and 
>> answered here.
>>
>> 1. So far, I think I'm going to have 3 membership packages - an all 
>> access pass, 3 days a week, and the casual 1 day a week. How can I keep a 
>> track of who comes in and when? Is the only solution to purchase/create 
>> some kind of management software like Nexudus or Cobot? I'd like to not 
>> have to sit at the front desk all the time.
>>
>>
>> For a space this small, a combo of your looking up, and your trusting 
>> that people will use what they pay for...this should suffice.
>> Even a quick Google Calendar could work.  Or perhaps enlist a 
>> SharedDesk/LiquidSpace/etc. and they can check in via that.
>>
>>
>> 2. Let's say the office has 85m2 of usable workstation space after the 
>> kitchenette is taken out, how should I calculate how many members I can 
>> there at any one time, and how many members I can have there overall?
>>
>>
>> layout the space.
>> generally, people assume you can sell 2x more memberships than there are 
>> seats.  I've seen higher in my space...I've seen lower.
>>
>>
>> 3. Should I concentrate my advertising/marketing towards other migration 
>> agents or similar professionals or be more broad?
>>
>>
>> In my opinion, broad.
>>
>>
>> 4. What are some must have things? Photocopier/Printer? Couches? Water 
>> tank? I will supply a small fridge, microwave. coffee machine, kettle, tea 
>> and coffee beans. 
>>
>>
>> In my opinion, printer.  There are many combo units for <$200.  Usually, 
>> copying isn't ideal but it can be done.  Printing is the core function.
>>
>>
>> Any feedback on the above would be greatly appreciated. I hope to have 
>> our co-working space up and running soon!
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Sean
>>
>> -- 
>> Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com
>> --- 
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
>> "Coworking" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
>> email to [email protected].
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>  
>>  
>> <Floorplan.png>
>>
>>
>>

-- 
Visit this forum on the web at http://discuss.coworking.com
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Coworking" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply via email to