Angel, I think there are 2 cases here:
- Greeting and onboarding a new member (most spaces I know set up times to
do that and don't really allow walk-ins)
- Giving members who are already onboarded access to the space

To do the first task I think Ruth is correct, she doesn't need someone
sitting at the front desk. However I do see the need for someone at the
front desk in higher end environments or if you think it is a community
function. In spaces I've worked in we've had both. What I would say though
is: Anyone who sits at the front desk has to be able to help you and build
community. It can't be "just" a receptionist otherwise that will be counter
productive.

On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 11:32:52 AM UTC-4, Angel Kwiatkowski
wrote:

> Hi Ruth,
> I have so many questions for you! Who will greet members as they arrive?
> Why don't you want a receptionist? Is it cost? What is driving your desire
> to be unstaffed at the door?
>
> I REALLY believe in having someone near the door to greet members/visitors
> when you are a new community. Nothing and I mean NOTHING is more
> frustrating to me than when I visit a coworking space and I can't find
> anyone to help me.
>
> Angel
>
> On Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 11:49:00 AM UTC-6, Ruth Rosengren wrote:
>>
>> Hello! I'm working on a business plan to start a coworking space.
>>
>> I don't want to hire a receptionist, and will have a couple different
>> part-time packages that will limit usage to x number of days within a given
>> month.
>>
>> Both for security, access, and monitoring use, I would want a system that
>> "counts" the number of times a certain user accesses the building, or has a
>> date/time stamp of when accessed. Is anyone using a tool like this, and if
>> so, what are you using/what do you recommend?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Ruth

---