Hey Rachael,

Thanks for the questions and I like your model you described!

What I've seen working is to just keep the door locked during business
hours. It might seem a bit unfriendly first but everyone will feel more
secure and will be happier to hang out in the space because not everyone
can walk in. To catch people who don't have access you can install a
digital dorbell like ring.com or similar.

Now to your question if we can logically check in and check out people.
Technically yes. The problem remains: What if someone doesn't check in or
doesn't check out? You will have in the end more trouble correcting the
data than it saves. That's the only issue right now that I can see.