Micky Hulse wrote:

Hi Barney! Thanks again for your help! It's much appreciated.

Oooooh, I really dig your site! Very clean and fresh looking. The page
transition is really cool and I love your link style on hover. You
have an impressive sense of design. :D

Additionally, I really dig the fluidity and responsiveness of your
overall layout. Nice work dude! :: drooling ::

Looks like I will be spending the next few hours dissecting your code! :D

Thanks again for the help (and inspiration)!!!

Inspired by Micky's rave review, I took a look at your (Barney's)
and I agree with Micky -- it is extremely well engineered.  But
there were two things that I did not understand, and I would very
much appreciate it if you could spare the time to explain them :

1) At http://barneycarroll.com/, why does the phrase "a sporadic github account," not allow internal line breaks when the window is narrowed ?
In the limiting case, it breaks as follows :

I maintain
a sporadic github account, which
I use mostly as a pinboard for

whereas if it allowed internal line breaks, it could
re-flow as (e.g.,) :

I maintain a sporadic github
account, which I use mostly
as a pinboard for  ...

2) At http://barneycarroll.com/cv/, "Experience" is presented before
(i.e., to the left of) "Proficiencies" in a wide window, whereas when
the width is reduced, "Proficiencies" is presented before (i.e.,
above) "Experience".  Is this intentional, and if so, what is the
rationale ?

Many thanks in advance for any insights you care to share.

Philip Taylor