[I sent this a while ago, but never saw it in the archive, so I'm
assuming something happened on the way.  If you have already seen
this, no worries.]

OK, I've fetched the archive of releases that Claude sent me, and have
set up a CVS repository with it.  It's made secure using the OSSP
Shiela (ACL and log script, you can see it for yourself by clicking in
the right places at www.ossp.org) and ready for external developpers
(with no need to add accounts, all I will need is your SSH key and the
usual checkup).

Details:

CVS anonymous access:

  cvs -d :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/orgs/lp/free/cvs login
  (Just press enter to the password prompt)
  cvs -d :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/orgs/lp/free/cvs co X/ctwm
  cvs -d :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/orgs/lp/free/cvs co X/ctwm

Note that HEAD isn't quite clear of clutter yet.  I'll fix that in the
next few days.

There are a few more CVS modules that can be looked at.  I've moved
the xpms to X/ctwm-images, and I've added the win98 theme in
X/ctwm-themes (more themes will be added as soon as you send them to
me :-)).  For some time there will also be X/ctwm-patches, until I've
set up a bug tracker properly (see below).

With time, I will take in other people to help development, in a
meritocratic sort of way: do some work, send me patches that I don't
reject (key feature! :-)) and that are more than just a small bug fix,
and be patient.  Basicaly, show me your competence and make sure you
want to dedicate time on this project in a consistent way.

For other logistics, I assume the following changes will be needed:

- move of mailing list, unless Claude wants to keep managing that
  part.
- move of web site, of there is one (all I've found is ctwm.dl.nu, and
  if that one is fine with everyone, I sure don't mind one thing less
  to deal with.  I will need to know how releases have been handled so
  far, though).
- Unless I release to ctwm.dl.nu in some way, move of release
  repository.  I plan to distribute with HTTP only (because it's
  easier to handle in a firewall, that's all :-)).  No need for FTP
  here, and with nice utilities like wget, it's user-friendly too :-).

Anything else that I need to set up?  Ah, yes, I'm going to set up a
bug tracker using RT2 (why RT2?  Because I already know it, and it
works for my purposes).  When that one is up, I'd appreciate it if
anyone having a wish, a bug to report or a patch simply sent it that
way.  There will be mailing lists to handle this.  In the mean time,
I'll simply add the patches that are sent to me to CVS (X/ctwm-patches).

For a couple of weeks, I'd like to ask you to be patient with me.  I
have temporarly lost network connection at home, which greatly
decreases my availability.

Now, some people here talked about licensing fees or something like
that.  I don't quite know how I will set something like that up, but
I'd sure appreciate some donations (regular ones would be great!), it
would diminish my need to spend time on "real jobs" or consulting
assignments.  Please tell me what information you need to make
something like this possible (I'm new at handling donations, so I'm
not sure wjat I need to tell you).

Any other questions that need to be answered?  Fire away!

--
Richard Levitte     | http://richard.levitte.org/ | Spannv. 38, I
Levitte Programming | http://www.lp.se/           | S-168 35 Bromma