And, 'for the sake of science', I downloaded the .dng and opened it in Lr and dt.

The histograms are quite different, even allowing for log vs linear on the y-axes. Lr shows a bunch of high intensity pixels on the far right hand side; these are missing in dt. This is before applying any sliders.

Again, I have seen similar results on several other images.