Putting aside the history of who created what, I would say it makes a lot of sense for an account with the exact name of the DBIx::Class project https://twitter.com/dbix_class to be specific to that project, and if that's the case, under Peter's control.

Putting aside historical use, a different name that represents a wider range of projects should maybe be more fitting, such as perl_database; I'm not stuck on that example but I will note it isn't currently registered / gets a 404.

And why should a community channel be named after a single non-required-by-the-others project in the community, is that fair to the other projects?

-- Darren Duncan