Hi Daniel,
  Thank you for your reply. I misunderstood build and install. I thought
after I setup the build folder and make install, the program should be
compiled in that build folder, because I installed the 9.0.1 version just
run the command as those in README file. Now, I first input
*cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/**path/to/install/dir
home/yjin6/Deal.II/dealii-9.0.1  *in
*/home.yjin6/Deal.II/dealii-9.0.1/build, *
then I repeat
*cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=${HOME}**/deal.II
/home/yjin6/Deal.II/dealii-9.0.1 *
finally I make install. Is that correct?
Thanks a lot!