This one time, at band camp, MJ Ray said:
> John Goerzen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> asked:
> > The BCFG public license (below) seems pretty much like a standard BSD
> > + advertising clause license.  I can't quite seem to remember what the
> > current policy on that sort of license is.
>
> Accepted but unpopular.

This is untrue..  The DFSG endorses it without reservation.  It would
be best when reviewing a license for it's inclusion in Debian to follow
the DFSG.

> I agree with questioning needing to agree stuff about US laws.

I think this is already adequately explained elsewhere.

> I'm curious what rights are reserved by the US Government - this
> licence looks like it's not complete without knowing that.

I don't see any rights reserved by the US government in that license.
I see an explicit grant of rights to the US government and the standard
no warranty clause extended to the US government, but that's it.
Neither of these are freeness issues.
|  : :' :                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED] |