Op 24-03-15 om 21:21 schreef Don Armstrong:
> On Tue, 24 Mar 2015, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
>> Op 24-03-15 om 18:38 schreef Paul R. Tagliamonte:
>>
>>> Unless it allows modification and redistribution of this (and we do so),
>>
>> What when the DD who packages it, would package it with the 5 user
>> limitation?
>
> If it was actually AGPLed in its entirety, the maintainer would just
> remove code which enforced the 5 user limitation.
>
> On Tue, 24 Mar 2015, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
>> I choose not to name it at the moment.
>
> Based on the facts, you're probably talking about Servoy.[1]

No, it's other software. It's very new.

> They're probably doing some crazy AGPL bits on top of more restrictively
> licensed bits; since they're the copyright holder, they can do that, but
> it may mean that no one else can actually use and/or distribute the
> code.

No, it's plain AGPL v3. But he asks friendly not to remove some code and
then redistribute.

> In any event, without particular licenses and source files, we're having
> an academic discussion without concrete information or relation to
> Debian, which isn't on topic for debian-legal.
>
> 1: https://wiki.servoy.com/display/DOCS/Open+Source+FAQ

I've asked the developper if he likes the name of the software in this
discussion. He is thinking about it.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl/