Op 26-03-15 om 01:47 schreef Ben Finney:
> Paul van der Vlis <p...@vandervlis.nl> writes:
>
>> No, it's plain AGPL v3. But he asks friendly not to remove some code
>> and then redistribute.
>
> He can ask, and god luck to him. His goal, though – to arbitrarily limit
> the distribution and concurrent execution of the program – is directly
> opposed to the goals of the Debian Project, which explicitly seeks to
> free Debian recipients from such restrictions.

Where do you see that?  Debian likes licenses like GPL and AGPL.

It is *well known* that such licenses are not only for programms what
are free as in "free beer". True or not?

> The copyright holder either wants their work (including modified
> versions) to be freely distributed to, *and distributed by*, any
> recipients of Debian; or they don't want that.

It depends on the modidfications.

> If the restriction legally enforcible, such as in a copyright condition,
> then the copyright holder's expressed wishes will be satisfied because
> Debian cannot contain the work at all.

That's not the case.

> If the restriction is not legally enforcible, and the legally enforcible
> license grants all DFSG freedoms, then that license is at odds with the
> desire to restrict recipients. The expectation must be that we will
> either remove that restriction to benefit Debian recipients; or decide
> that the conflicting expressed wishes are too risky, and not include the
> work in Debian at all.

It's not about risky, it's about "being nice". It's like with imapsync.

Imapsync is a program what was many years in Debian. The maker tries to
make some money with it for a living so he sells it from his website,
but you can find it for free too. He uses a strange license what says
that you may do everything you want with the sources. The software is
removed from Debian because he did not really like it that it was in
Debian. I think because the people did not pay because they did not see
his website. For me as a Debian and Imapsync user it's very pitty that
it was removed from Debian.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl/