On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 10:23:44 -0400 (EDT), Camaleón wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 09:17:56 -0400, Stephen Powell wrote:
>> Recently, someone posted something to the list and CCed me. Since I am
>> subscribed to the list, I get a private e-mail for each posting to the
>> list.  If a poster also CCs me, I have been used to getting two copies:
>> one directly (via the CC) and one indirectly (via the list server).  But
>> on this occasion, I got only one copy.
>
> And the copy you got, was the e-mail coming from the list server or was
> the direct reply? :-?

It's not easy to tell.  Mail received from the list server always appears
to my e-mail client to have been sent directly from the sender.  The
TO and CC fields are not edited from the original e-mail.  If I examined
the internet headers directly, I might be able to tell.  But I've
already deleted it.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell    <zlinux...@wowway.com>
 : :'  :