Paul E Condon wrote:
-snip-
I think a 'no CC' message in a signature block looks unfriendly, even
stupid. Like the legal notices about not reading wrongly delivered
email. I would not want to create an environment in which any help
giver felt an urgent need to do such.

As a matter of fact, the current rule is helpful to me in assessing
the advice that I get. If I get a CC, I think this guy isn't a real
DD --- I wonder if he knows what he's talking about.

But if I violate the rules of list etiquette, I prefer to receive an
email addressed directly to me rather than to be publicly shamed on
the list.

Could you please explain what 'DD' stands for? I seem to have
missed that one, sorry.

--
Odd