On 11/29/23 14:12, Lee wrote:
On Wed, Nov 29, 2023 at 12:50 PM gene heskett wrote:

Greetings all;

I have a 3d printer, an arm64 controller running ambian buster
it has an address of 169.254.xx.xx/16
it can ping this machine but something is killing full net access, so it
can't set its time.

With a 169.254.x.x address I'm surprised it can talk to anything else
on your network.

Your internet router is running dd-wrt - correct?
Why not enable the dhcp server software on that and serve static IP
addresses to everything on your network?
eg  https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Static_DHCP

That would take a full factory reset and reprogram, as I lost all those pw's a year ago when 2 brand new seagate 2T spinning rust drives went tits down off line in the night in 2 nights time before I'd had a chance to reconfigure amanda for operation under bookworm,.

I rebuilt the machine with all SSD's, and that is still a g-d headache almost a year later. I have repeatedly asked why it takes a minimum of 30 seconds ( once I timed it at a few seconds over 5 minutes ) to open a path to that raid10 that I own every byte of.

Your /etc/hosts files will still work and you'll stop getting
169.254.x.x addresses assigned to your machines.
Just that one. Its probably easier to turn it into a hosts file system.

Off topic, but because that printer does not have ipv6 disabled, I found I could ping6 stuff on this side of the router. Too bad its at least 100 miles away from me yet.

Take care & stay well everybody. I gotta go check my snail mail box.

Regards,
Lee
.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.