On Nov 29, 2023, gene heskett wrote:
> Greetings all;
>
> I have a 3d printer, an arm64 controller running ambian buster
> it has an address of 169.254.xx.xx/16
> it can ping this machine but something is killing full net access, so it
> can't set its time.

The address range 169.254.0.0/16 is APIPA reserved space, for use
primarily when DHCP fails (this is a "Bad Thing").  If you have a
machine with this IP address, it's probably best to figure out why DHCP
is failing.

> It can talk to this machine by address.  Running bookworm here.

"what" can talk to "what machine" by "what address" ?

> There was at onetime, the ability to make this machine serve as a lower
> level time server so it should be possible to have this printers time
> requests satisfied by this machine which s/b within a millisecond or 2 of
> the master clock in Boulder CO.
>
> Is there a ready made package for that? Or, can this be enabled in systemd
> stuff?

'ntpd' I think (or is it systemd-timed or something like that nowadays?)

--
|_|O|_|