On Thu, Nov 30, 2023 at 09:05:17PM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> let me clarify: This buster machine acting like a 3d printer does NOT have
> dhcpcd installed. No trace of it in /etc  Only dhcp.

OK, screw it.  I give up.  I cannot figure out which computer you're
talking about in any given sentence.  You seems to switch computers
every email, possibly more than once per email.

If you're having a problem with your "printer", then THAT is the computer
you should be talking about!

But now you're using phrases like "this machine" and referring to some
OTHER host that isn't the printer... GAAHH!  Why would you talk about OTHER
computers when you have problems with THE PRINTER?!  This is impossible
to understand!