-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of R. Scott Perry
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2003 11:23 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] mailbox forwarding no action

>I have added the ., to the forward file and now a copy of the message gets
>moved to the spambox.  But the message still goes downstream to the
>forwarded to Users and does not get picked up as spam.

That is the way that it should work.  E-mail that is forwarded from one
user to another automatically in IMail (as opposed to aliases or forwarding
from a mail client) bypasses any scanning.

>I think I follow the logic, of why this is not working: the message comes
in
>from the outside, a copy is made to be processed by the forwarding Engine,
>the external (original message) gets tested, and since I don't have a copy
>being saved to the original recipient it doesn't do anything (since I
>enabled '.', it does get processed by declude and gets moved to the
>spambox--Correctly), the FWD Message does not get tested since it is now
>internal to the server, and goes to the downstream users, never getting
>tested, no action is taken and spam gets through.  Is this the correct
>logic, or am I missing something?

Very close.  The forwarding is actually handled by IMail after the E-mail
is processed by Declude, so there is no evidence of forwarding when Declude
sees the E-mail.

>Is there a way around this, such as once the message is moved then it is no
>longer forwarded, or that an internal message (the FWD message that gets
>processed by the SMTP-FWD) gets scanned by the Junkmail?

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any way around this.

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers.
Declude Virus: Catches known viruses and is the leader in mailserver
vulnerability detection.
Find out what you have been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.