Hi,

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 06:18:24PM +0200, Maarten Brouwers (murb) wrote:
> From what I can see now: adapting ask.libreoffice.org
> <http://ask.libreoffice.org/> requires way more effort to turn it into a
> proper extension-site than either adapting the current extensions-site or
> adopting an existing solution of another project

I dont think we should speculate on this too much without giving it a try.
Given the things missing on the extension site (OAuth Logins etc., user
feedback on content) its still a long way to go. FWIW, as noted, the AskBot
site is already capable to host templates, and allows some of the things
missing on the current extension site.

As such, improving the extension website is a good thing. But IMHO we should
also look into what can be done with AskBot starting with evaluating template
hosting. Evaluating means just that: to learn what is possible.

> Ok, so one of the core needs you actually emphasise is actual support by
> *multiple* volunteers, not relying on a single person to do moderation and/or
> maintenance, which is currently a problem with extensions.libreoffice.org
> <http://extensions.libreoffice.org/>. Very valid point indeed.

Yes.

> I was unaware of the extensions’ site problem with lack of volunteers
> actually. Some call for volunteers in that respect there would help :)

You can pretty much assume that all parts of the LibreOffice always have use
for volunteers. ;)

> I’m actually able to help there (as a front-end developer) and think a few
> things would help a lot already:
> [...]
> I’d hope that more volunteers would follow from a more used & usable
> extensions-site.

That is most appreciated! The more volunteers try themselves on working with our
systems, the better we can decide on how to proceed.

Best,

Bjoern