On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 4:30 PM, Gregory Szorc <g...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> If we (m-c build peers) didn't care about comm-central at all, I can pretty
> much guarantee that comm-central would be perpetually broken once m-c build
> system improvements ramp up in the months ahead. C-c's contributors would
> have to spend an inordinate amount of time trying to keep pace with m-c
> changes.

I want to highlight this, because it is the crux of this discussion.

We have three options:
(1) Build peers do a bunch of extra work to support c-c in a separate repo.
(2) We land c-c in m-c, so that build peers can support it without much
extra work.
(3) We don't land c-c in m-c, build peers ignore c-c, and TB fends for
itself as pure downstream.

(1) seems strictly sub-optimal. The decision here is pretty much between
(2) and (3).

bholley