Yeah, a standard web_vew library being part of the C++ standard is not a
good idea. It's far too huge a thing with far too many potential pitfalls
and dangerous consequences, and is an overweight solution to what should be
a comparatively lightweight problem.

If the goal is just to have a standard way to build basic GUI interfaces in
C++, then it might make more sense to do something like adopt Tk as a UI
language for C++. It's reasonably well-known, is both expansive and easy to
use, and is designed specifically for creating UIs for integration into
apps in other languages, with cross-platform compatibility baked in.

If the goal is a high-speed graphics solution of some sort, it seems like
adopting a standard such as OpenGL ES as the standard for baseline graphics
in C++ would be more logical. It's already a standard, it's well-documented
and well-known, and in most cases you can shunt off the majority of work to
a platform runtime.

Eric Shepherd
Senior Technical Writer
Mozilla