On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 5:35 PM, Mike Hommey <m...@glandium.org> wrote:
> Other than everything that has already been said in this thread,
> something bugs me with this proposal: a web view is a very UI thing.
> And I don't think there's any proposal to add more basic UI elements
> to the standard library.

Not that I'm aware of.

> So even if a web view is a desirable thing in
> the long term (and I'm not saying it is!), there are way more things
> that should come first.

I think the idea behind this proposal is that standardizing a UI
framework for C++ would be too difficult (seeing as we couldn't even
agree on a 2D graphics proposal, which is an ingredient in a UI
framework), so the web view fills the role of the UI framework: your
UI is built inside the web view. (Not saying that's a good idea or a
bad idea, just trying to explain the line of thinking.)

Cheers,
Botond