Some more information.

3721 helper, the most notorious malware in china was created by Hongyi zhou and
his company 3721 in 1998. According to Mr. Tan's bio, he was the development
director of 3721. So I believe he directly participated in and led the
development of the malware.

There is another evidence of Qihoo cooperating with chinese government to
censor the internet. Last year, the Ministry of Public Security (the
stakeholder of GFW) give an award to Qihoo to recognize their long time support
for censorship especially during the event of the 70th anniversary of the
victory of World War II. The official paper of the award
( was listed on Qihoo website. But it was
soon removed before widely exposed in public. Moreover, the chinese name(谭晓生)
of Mr. Tan Xiaosheng was mentioned in the official paper.

I do NOT trust the person who developed malware, and I also do NOT trust the CA
involved in censorship.