Von: Bruce D\'Arcus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> This is a little tricky. I think if I have a book review in a newspaper,
> then perhaps it ought to be typed as both an Article and a Review?
>
> Reviews can be issued in different forms, including broadcast on the
> radio.

Which makes me think ...

... and as a result I strongly suggest to distinguish the MEDIUM (FORMAT) and
the CONTENT of a document.

Examples:
- A "book" as a MEDIUM could include different kinds of content, such as a
monograph, articles, reviews, transcripts, a diploma thesis or a combination of
several such things.
- On the other side a book review as CONTENT could come by different media,
such as a book, a journal, a newspaper, radio broadcast, and/or an internet
page.

Mixing these two aspects will likely not result in a consistent schema.

What I havn't thought about yet is what this implies technically (i.e. in the
bibliographic software and file format).

Just my 2c.
--
Matthias Basler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]