Hello,

I would solve the dilemma in a manner similar to how the CentOS mirror list
works.

Create download.cloudstack.org or just use the main domain, upload in a subdir
a text/json file similar to the mirrorlist, in there we specify sha/md5 sums of
available files as well as multiple trustworthy links, such as
cloudstack.apt-get.eu, its mirrors in coreix/shapeblue and so on.

This way we keep control and trust inside the Apache Cloudstack domain name
controlled by Apache and PMC.

A bit of intelligence has to be added to Cloudstack so it can follow/retry
multiple links and check file integrity sums. This way we also get some
redundancy/HA for download links.

HTH
Lucian

Nux!