Ralph:

> The ASF doesn’t “need” Tidelift. Nor do we need Google. But there are
individuals who work on projects who would welcome the opportunity to be
paid by them

I am being paid for part of my time with Google (among others). With
contract that recognizes that I cannot "do stuff they want"
if the community will not agree to it.

Let's enable it for others and show them the path how to do it.

Neither Google nor I needed Tidelift for that. I still do not see what
Tidelift could
provide to either me or Google as the intermediary if they cannot influence
what
individuals running the project will do. I am scratching my head over and
over
and I can't see what it is.

Joshua:

I read the doc carefully. Few times. And I still am puzzled on what
Tidelift provides
to either individuals or stakeholders who want to pay those individuals for
ASF
projects. The processes are there, maintainers are there, responsible
disclosure
is there. Why stakeholders or ASF or individuals would need Tidelift as an
intermediary ? I don't get it.

J.