Jesse, they do - but I am not sure why. Problem is I don't fully
understand what is going on there... which is why I am hesitant to
just ignore it.

> The tests pass on my machine if I would change <TargetPlatformVersion> to
10.0.15063.0 (I don't have the old target platform SDK installed with VS
2017 and don't intend to add it there)

Chris, where and how exactly does one install the "target platform SDK"?
What happens if you do not change the `TargetPlatformVersion` manually
but have only that one installed?

> It is though the AppVeyor tests that Jan
already discovered some fixes that were needed for VS 2017, if I am not
mistaken. @Jan can you explain this further or am I mistaken somehow?

VS2017 did not exist at the time of the last release (or at least
nobody cared) so CI didn't use it to test. This should have been added
earlier, but I only added it 3 weeks ago with
https://github.com/apache/cordova-windows/commit/f5f4b21ad2c030ff61550bc947dca196c570f0ad
- which then showed this bug. (If any of the other failures that were
then fixes also were caused only by VS2017 I can not say
unfortunately)