All correct and I agree, except we do need to update TargetPlatformVersion
pr here: https://github.com/apache/cordova-windows/pull/250
Please test this pr on your windows machine and make sure you can create
and run a new cordova-windows project without having to modify the jsproj
file manually.

@purplecabbage
risingj.com