Hi folks,

Thanks for further responses and strong interest from a few folks in
keeping the project going!

I also had a chance to talk to some ASF members and it sounds like the ASF
preferred option forward in this situation is to keep the project going in

Given all the above, I'm cancelling this vote thread.

I will start another thread to elect a new PMC chair and let them handle
adding new PMC members / committers.


On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 4:30 PM Samuel Marks <sam...@offscale.io> wrote:

> In reference to new responses:
> 0. If you need a 501c3 equivalent to hold the copyright, I run a charity
> concentrating on facilitating large-scale screening programmes and intend
> to use Mesos to handle multiple clusters on the same set of servers (
> https://sydneyscientific.org), and would be happy to be that placeholder
> and potentially fund further R&D
> 1. On the moving CI side I remember years ago adding an issue about OOM for
> building it on a small AWS instance and it being closed as wontfix.
> Hopefully time is spent on refactoring and modularity to get over this,
> making moving to anyones CI viable
> 2. The Apache brand alone makes Mesos more attractive; so would hate to
> lose it
> Just my 2¢
> Samuel Marks
> Charity | consultancy | open-source | LinkedIn
> On Fri, 9 Apr 2021, 5:02 am Andreas Peters, <a...@aventer.biz.invalid>
> wrote:
> > > Hopefully the other people who said they
> > > were interested, like the guys from Criteo, Andreas, Javi, etc would
> > > help too.
> >
> > I will and I'm sure the others too. I already try to help with the
> > tickets in jira. Thanks to Benjamin Mahler who told me that it's ok if I
> > do it.
> >
> > Andreas
> >
> >

Reply via email to