...From an archival and broader reach point of view, I do think there's
something to be said about using the mailing list. It's also easier to link
to Q/A threads from the mailing list archives and do searches...
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/1aa85bc13d41e04a1f85c3100c2b803abe35d79b54062bbeaab83ace@%3Cdev.metron.apache.org%3E

How very Inception.