Yes, I think it is kind of late to try to get people to say "mix-net" and it
makes it seem like yet another complex technology that no one even knows how to
pronounce (e.g. LaTeX). Most English speakers are going to say "em-ex-net". If
you really want people to say "mix-net" then you should spell it that way, IMO.