On Fri, 12 Oct 2018 19:48:46 +0200
Geertjan Wielenga <geertjan.wiele...@googlemail.com.INVALID> wrote:

> See the below:
>
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/692fee91f7e24dcfffa099593c758772216d130c21ca97c689a294f8@%3Cdev.netbeans.apache.org%3E
>
> We've ended up following guidance from our mentors, there are simply
> too many conflicting points of view throughout Apache.

Why do NO other Apache projects follow this tagging format? Why is this
being imposed on only Netbeans? Who at Apache can I contact to get this
resolved?

> The craziness had to stop and so we're following the guidelines our
> Apache mentors have provided.

They are the ones causing the craziness. That email, link provided
above, should include a link to an official Apache policy on tags. That
seems more like one persons opinion than an official Apache policy.

This says nothing about -vc tags or any tags as part of voting or
release process
https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html
https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#ReleaseVotes

In fact if you follow into the glossary it clearly states votes should
be on release candidates.... It literally states to be voted on....
https://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html#ReleaseCandidate

No other incubating projects have those crazy -vc tags. I cannot find a
single Apache project that has -vc tags. I would push back on these so
called Mentors....

https://github.com/apache/incubator-dubbo/releases
https://github.com/apache/incubator-echarts/releases
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/releases
https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/releases
https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/releases

There are a lot more incubating projects. I am seriously trying to find
another Apache project with -vc tags so there is some justification.

William L. Thomson Jr.