You already do know the reason why. I told you already -- in the NetBeans
ecosystem, a 'release candidate' is something different to what it is in
Apache. I can explain it all, but there's no point -- we didn't want to
confuse things and we were confused ourselves, since again, all of this is
new to us. And so we were using the 'release candidate' term in a different
way that it's used in Apache. If we can do it better or help or tweak
things, let's do it. Typically when something seems 'simple and straight
forward', it's not simple and straightforward at all.

Gj