Rob Weir wrote:
I could see /platforms/mac if we imagine creating in the future
similar landing pages for Windows or Linux.
Note that today, a query of  "OpenOffice for Linux" has this ancient
page as a #1 hit:
http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/setup-linux.html
And the #1 hit for "OpenOffice for Windows" is not even at our
website.  It goes to CNet's download.com page.

Very interesting. Indeed this could also be the way to catch users who look for "OpenOffice Portable", for example, and should know that we do have a (third-party, from winPenPack) version available; they are now offered an ancient version since OpenOffice Portable has not been updated yet. The updated version is not on the first page of search results.

Regards,
  Andrea.