On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 2:18 AM, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:
> Rob Weir wrote:
>>
>> I could see /platforms/mac if we imagine creating in the future
>> similar landing pages for Windows or Linux.
>> Note that today, a query of  "OpenOffice for Linux" has this ancient
>> page as a #1 hit:
>> http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/setup-linux.html
>> And the #1 hit for "OpenOffice for Windows" is not even at our
>> website.  It goes to CNet's download.com page.
>

> Very interesting. Indeed this could also be the way to catch users who look
> for "OpenOffice Portable", for example, and should know that we do have a
> (third-party, from winPenPack) version available; they are now offered an
> ancient version since OpenOffice Portable has not been updated yet. The
> updated version is not on the first page of search results.

Exactly.

In the last month we've seen the following related queries:

        openoffice portable     2,500
        open office portable    1,000
        openoffice portable italiano    150
        apache openoffice portable      16
        portable        90
        openoffice portable download    16
        portable openoffice     12
        openofficeportable      <10
        office portable         <10
        openoffice portable日本語版         <10
        openoffice portable 3.4         <10
        openoffice 3.4 portable         <10
        openoffice portable deutsch     <10
        openoffice.org portable 日本語版    <10
        portable open office    <10
        openoffice.org portable         <10
        openoffice portable 日本語         <10

For many of these queries the #1 page is the German page:
http://www.openoffice.org/de/downloads/oooportable.html.  That is not
the optimal page for most of these queries.

-Rob