Hi List,

I have now played with a self-build pro AOO400 for two days, had no crash ;-)

+1

Sincerely,
    Armin

On 12.07.2013 11:11, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
Hi all,

this is a call for vote on releasing the following release candidate as
Apache OpenOffice 4.0. This will be an important release for Apache
OpenOffice with bigger visible UI changes. It is a key milestone to
continue the success of OpenOffice.

This release candidate provides the following important changes compared
to former OpenOffice releases:

(1) a major UI change/improvement by introducing a new sidebar concept
where the idea is the comes from IBM's Symphony. It's the combination of
reimplementing a complete new framework for sidebars and merging the
existing sidebar in impress and code of various content panels from the
Symphony grant in OpenOffice.

(2) 190 fixes from Symphony are merged and integrated, mainly
interoperability issues

(3) 600 defects are fixed

(4) many more features and improvements are integrated

For a detailed feature overview please see the release notes under
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.0+Release+Notes.
But keep in mind that the release notes are not yet final and will be
updated and polished ...

The release candidate artifacts (source release, as well as binary
releases for 23 languages) and further information how to verify and
review Apache OpenOffice 4.0 can be found on the following wiki page:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds#DevelopmentSnapshotBuilds-AOOSnapshot

The related RAT scan for this RC can be found under
http://people.apache.org/~jsc/aoo-4.0.0_rat/aoo-4.0.0_rat-output.html

The RC is based on the release branch AOO400, revision 1502185!

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.0.

The vote starts now and will be open until:

    UTC at noon on Monday, 15 July: 2013-07-15 12:00 UTC.

But we invite all people to vote (non binding) on this RC. We would like
to provide a release that is supported by the majority of our project
members.

    [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache OpenOffice 4.0
    [ ]  0 Don't care