Am 07/14/2013 07:12 PM, schrieb Juergen Schmidt:
Am Sonntag, 14. Juli 2013 um 18:37 schrieb Marcus (OOo):
I tie up to Kay's suggestion to discuss a new policy. So, new topic, new
thread.

For reference here is the old policy:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Release_criteria#Localization_requirements

My new suggestion:

1. Don't make a difference between UI and Help.

2. Accepted translations that are 90% or better.

3. *Except* we have a big or strategic new feature like the Sidebar.
This should be translated much better than 90%.

Why?

1. Do we want to make differences between UI and help translation? Do
average users accept English help topics for translated UI functions? I
don't think so.

2. In the previous OOo project translations were accepted with 80% or
better for a release. IMHO this is too low to offer a high quality release.

3. New features that are also promoted in release note, blog post, etc.
should be fully translated as the attention of our users is high here.
They want to give it a try and shouldn't be disappointed with not
translated parts.

And now, add your points.
first of all I would like to bring the release out and then we can discuss the
process for the future.

For now we have defined to use 100% UI and as much as possible for Help.

And I personally don't like to move back to UI less than 100%. And I see of
course a big difference between UI and help. But it is not easy because useful
short help is part of the Help and will be shown in the UI directly ... Long
term goal should be 100% for everything and I believe it is doable with active
communities. Once you have reached 100% the maintenance will be less effort.
Only new features or minor rework have to be done hopefully.

Sorry if you have understood to apply the new policy for AOO 4.0. Of course this should not be the case.

Marcus