On 14 July 2013 19:17, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:

> imacat wrote:
> >   1. I am going to give a talk in our largest local open source
> > conference (COSCUP 2013,http://coscup.org/) on 8/3, and plan to
> > announce OpenOffice 4.0.  It is the first talk after the key notes.  It
> > would be very embarrassing to announce it without a local version
> released.
>
> As Juergen wrote, it is expected that we add more languages as they
> become ready. We'll probably add them in small batches and not
> one-by-one, in order to have a more efficient process. But if you reach
> 100% in the UI we will make sure you don't have to wait more than a few
> weeks to get your language officially released.

I dont quite understand what you mean, will 4.0 have different version
numbers as we add more languages ?

I would be against releasing 4.0 with e.g. 8 languages, and then after a
few weeks re-release it with the same version number just more languages.
When 4.0 is released thats final to me, next is 4.0.1 or 4.1

Or are you talking about releasing language packs, which is quite different
?

rgds
jan I.