My recomendation is to edit the homepage first, and then moe to the rest of
the site. This means, isolate the homepage, and then replicate through
projects and documentation for other webdevs to aim at it.

First step would be to, replace the ooo.css to the boot-aoo.css and
incorporate the Javascript.

The rest of the sites will still use ooo.css.

The next step would be to get some kind of documentation and scripts to
auto-migrate the CSS/JS and HTML core elements.

Finally use a debugging mechanism to flag possible issues to the template.

My final and unrelated suggestion is to re-arquitect the way the file
structure has been handled. Example:
css/
... header.css
... menu.css
... content.css
... footer.css
... form.css

This will provide a better nd more granular manipulation of the css.