Hi Michael,

On 24/09/14 19:13, RA Stehmann wrote:
On 24.09.2014 10:50, Jörg Schmidt wrote:

[...]
I don't want to protect trolls, but there are different meanings about
how to handle the problem.

I only refuse the way of acting Jörg wants to dictate me.

I am dictating here nothing.

Ok, excuse my poor English.

I only refuse the way of acting Jörg wants to instruct me.

We discussed that topic on the list. To ban an email address isn't very
effective, because that person is able to join the mailing list with
another email address.

I have been banning a couple of trolls over the years and they had never resubscribed with another email address. If that happens, moderators need to show that the game is many against one and continue kicking the guy out.

So some people proposed to ignore his posting and, if that person gives
wrong advices to users, to mark them factually as a wrong advice.

The result of this is that the email traffic is increasing with many postings that are not useful to the average list reader. Consequently, a couple of those average list readers will unsubscribe which is not desirable.

I would strongly recommend to immediately ban the guy who's disturbing the list's peace if he has been properly warned before.

/Peter

I think, that's a proper way. But the other supporters has to support
that way, because I don't know anything better than that person.

But some people react very angry. That seems to "feed the troll".

Now Jörg confides me anymore and that's very irksome for the
germanophone community, There are sometimes strong disputes between him
and me.

I've declared, if the community really wants to have another moderator,
I will abdicate, no problem: I've enough other ways to support Free
Software. But Jörg names that as a behavior of a politician (That's no
flattery.).

Kind regards
Michael