> From: Andrea Pescetti [mailto:pesce...@apache.org]

> > My question is:
> > Are the instructions on the following page valid:
> > http://openoffice.apache.org/list-conduct.html
>
> They are valid.
>
> > If so, then I'll make an official request to the PMC, and
> ask that the troll will be banned from the list.
>
> The PMC does not have super-powers or magic wands.

Read 10 E in:
http://openoffice.apache.org/list-conduct.html

"The decision of the PMC is final." says that the PMC have the last word. Or
not?

> It will always be
> needed that a list moderator acts, and I feel it would be stupid to
> impose this on Michael if he is unwilling.
> The solution is that a committer [...]

I do not understand the usefulness of the method.

The situation is that a moderator does not want to do what keeps the majority
is right.

Now, if a second moderator banned the troll that will anger the first
moderator.

Why is this type of procedure well?

> (including Joerg: you say you don't
> have time, but, if you think about it, the effort spent on this
> discussion is far more than what's needed to moderate a list)

possible, but if I did I would be permanently in dispute with Michael because I
had to do what he himself does not want to, or he could do it but himself.

How can that make sense? It will only cause we are both angry (Michael and I).

Greetings,
Jörg