Am 09/26/2014 11:25 AM, schrieb Jörg Schmidt:
From: Andrea Pescetti [mailto:pesce...@apache.org]

My question is:
Are the instructions on the following page valid:
http://openoffice.apache.org/list-conduct.html

They are valid.

If so, then I'll make an official request to the PMC, and
ask that the troll will be banned from the list.

The PMC does not have super-powers or magic wands.

Read 10 E in:
http://openoffice.apache.org/list-conduct.html

"The decision of the PMC is final." says that the PMC have the last word. Or
not?

ahm no, when you read the complete paraghraph...

<quote>
E. What to do in case of doubt?

Decisions of Moderators are subject to review by the PMC and anyone who feels that a Moderator's discretion was abused can escalate by sending an email to the PMC at priv...@openoffice.apache.org. The decision of the PMC is final.
</quote>

... you will notice that it means that you as ML moderator can decide on your own. When the ML user does not agree with this, *then* she/he can contact the PMC for any claim.

It will always be
needed that a list moderator acts, and I feel it would be stupid to
impose this on Michael if he is unwilling.
The solution is that a committer [...]

[...]

At the end you can go on with discussing but it won't change anything.
Even worse, as longer as the discussion goes here, one could get the impression that the situation with the troll is not that bad after all. ;-)

Marcus