Am 12/05/2016 11:00 PM, schrieb Matthias Seidel:
I understand your concern...

But the 100k favicon.ico has been there for about 2 years. ;-)

I'm sorry, I've only seen the 1k version.

Marcus

Am 05.12.2016 um 22:58 schrieb Marcus:
Am 12/05/2016 10:41 PM, schrieb Matthias Seidel:
the new Google+ design is criticised by a lot of users and is giving me
a hard time to adapt all the logos/graphics.
It is now similar to the phone/tablet layout...

About your thoughts concerning the size of the favicon.ico:
I reworked it. It now contains 16x16, 32x32, 48x48 and 64x64. Every
browser should be happy with that and the size shrunk to 32k.

Can you live with that? ;-)

sure, that's better than 100k.

PS:
I just want to be sure that you understand my concern:
We have to make sure that the loading time is not decreased just due
to some fence stuff. We have to think about pro and contra. The
webpage is opened thousand of times. The G+ webpage only by much less
people.

Even when it's just the favicon it is opened by every browser request.
So, it starts - as always - with the first step. ;-)

Marcus