How can I build only core package?
I am only aware to build everything, or a certain range of modules, or I can
build explicit one module.

I do not want to take away the ability to build all in one step.
But I think if you are only rebuilding core it saves you a lot of time. And if
you can check  if there is an effect beyond package boarders, it helps you to
avoid the issues that had happened in 4.1.5.
Just thinking. I said I am sorry was to hasty in this.