Hi David,

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 9:24 PM, David Boyes <dbo...@sinenomine.net> wrote:

> I have some updates that eliminate most of the local filesystem references,
> but it would take some updating to get to the current release. I took the
> approach of referencing blobs in a database table and adding a version number
> column so that I can request the most current blob, then execute it.
>
> Would that be something useful?

Which ' local file system'  references are you talking about?
There are just a few places where OTRS uses local file systems
(session storage, attachments, VirtualFS which is used by Change
Management) and all these also have options to use a database backend.
Apart from that, there is the loader cache for which there is the
'--generate'  option now.
There is also the SysConfig which is stored in a file on disk.

 Did you store the minified JS and CSS files in the database? And the
SysConfig values? that's nice but it might be a little bit
over-engineered. Also, the vast majority of OTRS users will not need
clustered setups, and will use vertical scaling  - bigger machines -
or maybe break out the database server to a separate machine, and
avoid all headaches that come with multiple master nodes.
--
Michiel