Hi all,

Is there a way to encapsulate all components in the project in kind of sub
projects?
Because we will have at the end PLC4X which is a "lib"-attempt of a jdbc-Driver
for PLC in different languages.
This uses a separated project which has a template-based code generation to
built efficient the de-/serialization layer.
On top of PLC4X we have different sub-projects like the scraper, Connectors,
Bridge-Servers,  platform independent Thrift-Server... etc.
But those are not really modules of PLC4X, they are more modules specific for
PLC4J and will stay those modules, or?

Because I would like to see CRUNCH as a more advanced Scraper extension. If the
code and doc quality is ok. But now it is also for me not that clear if I
should vote for it or not. Then in my opinion is not directly a part of "PLC4X
the JDBC driver API"-thing. As the Scraper, Thrift, code gen and the connectors
it is more a nice tool but it is directly connected with our community and our
PLC4X eco system.
So is there a "Apache way" to manage/advertise/maintain some of those elements
as a kind of sub project?

Sry if I sound there I bit silly. I have there not that much experience in
managing OS projects.

Greetings
Matthias Strljic, M.Sc.

Universität Stuttgart
Institut für Steuerungstechnik der Werkzeugmaschinen und
Fertigungseinrichtungen (ISW)

Seidenstraße 36
70174 Stuttgart
GERMANY