Type Selectors are pruned out if the Class/Type is not used in the output.

I've toyed with ways to prune class selectors.  If you use class selectors
with names with the pattern:

  opt_class-qualified-name-with-hyphens_SomeName

Then the compiler will prune out the class selector if that class is not
in the output.  That way you can associate class selectors with a class.

Another option is to not use class selectors at all in the framework.
Create subclasses for all of the internal pieces and create type selectors
for them.  This also avoids using advanced selectors in the CSS
Implementation.

HTH,
-Alex