It's been almost 3 years since s2graph has entered apache incubating. Our
community has not been successful to reach more people so far and I think
failing on growing community is the blocker issue for s2graph to graduate.

I want to open up the discussion about what we have to do for growing
community, and eventually for graduation.

In my opinion, there are many parts have been changed after incubation.

Followings are notable improvements we have been working on.

1. Query Interface

- Tinkerpop OLTP support
- GraphQL support

2. Storage

- Embedded RocksDB
- JDBC Storage

3. Full-text search

- ElasticSearch for search on vertex/edge property

4. OLAP

- S2GraphSource: dump HFile then creates Spark dataframe.
- S2GraphSink: sink Spark dataframe to S2Graph.

Even though the project has been improved, our community has not been
grown.

There could be many reasons that our community is not growing(please list
them so we can discuss if we can resolve them), but in my humble opinion,
we have not even released above improvements since the last release.

As far as I remember, the last time we discuss the release was a long time
ago(2017-09-08) at here
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/d0d8e264b7625128a6c2832723cf2ad555d169f9f277086ce69c3a7b@%3Cdev.s2graph.apache.org%3E
.

Back then I was under pressure that we need to show that our community
growing after release, and since I was not sure, I avoid talking about the
release, and rather keep working on issues.

Now I think it is much better to start by releasing it rather than only
just wondering how to grow the community.

To grow the community, the very basic way I know is to keep improving the
project, releasing it, and advertise it, and get user feedback, and I think
we stuck to step 1 for too long time.

After a few more releases, then if there is no one found s2graph useful,
then I think we can happily retire from apache incubating, but I just don't
feel like we did our best yet.

I am willing to pursue building community, and I think it is worth to try
out a few more release until decide what's the next step.

I want to ask what others think. are there any others who are willing to
get more involved?