Bertrand Delacretaz wrote
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 9:17 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>> ... As we have discussed we're more moving to define different features
>> through the provisioning model. But we have no way to install such a
>> feature at runtime....
>
> Adapting the Crankstart code to be able to install things from
> provisioning model at runtime shouldn't be too hard, and we could
> generalize that so that our launcher just bootstraps what's needed to
> do that.
>
> I like the idea, and being able to additionally validate an instance
> against a given provisioning model can be very useful (but that's a
> slightly different story).
>
>> ... We don't even have a format for this...
>
> What do you think is needed on top of the provisioning model format?

I'm not 100% sure, but a simple approach would be:
- you drop a prov model in the install folder
- a plugin for the OSGi installer picks it up
- repoinit stuff is done, configurations are added and the
bundles/artifacts are downloaded from mvn repository

>> ...So first question is, can repoinit stuff be installed somehow at
>> runtime?...
>
> Right now repoinit code is interpreted by a RepositoryInitalizer [1]
> triggered during repository initialization. But if you look at that
> code it's just a thin wrapper using the RepoInitParser and
> JcrRepoInitOpsProcessor which can be called in other ways as needed.

That sounds easy :) Great, thanks

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler