Bertrand Delacretaz wrote
> On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 10:19 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> ...I'm not 100% sure, but a simple approach would be:
>> - you drop a prov model in the install folder
>> - a plugin for the OSGi installer picks it up
>> - repoinit stuff is done, configurations are added and the
>> bundles/artifacts are downloaded from mvn repository...
>
> Sounds good to me, so in terms of format we might just need a zip or
> jar file containing a number of provisioning model files, with a
> specific extension for the installer to recognize them. Maybe .spma
> for Sling Provisioning Model Archive.

I don't think we need an archive, just the plain text file should be
enough. I don't want to get into the process of defining yet another
container format. for this we have content packages, deployment
archives, subsystems etc.

> Processing the removal of such files sounds interesting ;-\ but maybe
> we can recommend using them for instances that are immutable once
> their initial setup is done.

Yes, I think we can leave out removal for now

 Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland