On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 10:19 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org> wrote:

> ...I'm not 100% sure, but a simple approach would be:
> - you drop a prov model in the install folder
> - a plugin for the OSGi installer picks it up
> - repoinit stuff is done, configurations are added and the
> bundles/artifacts are downloaded from mvn repository...

Sounds good to me, so in terms of format we might just need a zip or
jar file containing a number of provisioning model files, with a
specific extension for the installer to recognize them. Maybe .spma
for Sling Provisioning Model Archive.

Processing the removal of such files sounds interesting ;-\ but maybe
we can recommend using them for instances that are immutable once
their initial setup is done.

-Bertrand